Your purchase includes the following:
- An extremely comprehensive and detailed 25 page plan which contains aims, strands, strand units, curriculum objectives, skills and concept development, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment.
- There is also an extremely detailed table with suggestions of when and how content can be taught. This table includes hyperlinks to suggested songs, games, resources and online maths activities.
- The plans are not based on any particular scheme, however if you are following a scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this, however it is not essential part of the plan.
English and Gaeilge
- An extremely comprehensive, high quality 14 page yearly English plan, and a 12 page Gaeilge Plan for Junior Infants.
- Plans are based on the latest 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum.
- The layout of the plans included all sections recommended in the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took hundreds of hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, resources, linkage & integrations, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the sections above, there is a detailed table in each plan with suggested themes/ topics and content each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well but these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs.
- This table includes hyperlinks to suggested resources and activities.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan instead of the suggested content.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects and they are not based on any particular scheme. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, this can easily be added, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
- If you are not following a scheme, a detailed month by month table with suggested content is provided.
- Also included is a 24-page Aistear long-term plan for the year that took me over 40 hours to complete.
- The Aistear Yearly Plan gives you a theme for each week, lists 5 stations for that theme, says which subjects are covered at the station, gives a brief description of the station, and lists resources needed.
The themes that are covered are as follows:
- Myself and my family
- Myself and my house/ home
- Colours and shapes
- Christmas/ toys and games
- The dentist
- Chinese New Year
- The doctor
- The post office
- Spring – animals
- Spring – plants
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Environmental Awareness – Spring Clean Month
- The vet
- Day and night
- The jungle
Follow me on my social media pages keep up to date about other products, special offers and giveaways! I am on Facebook and Instagram. Thank you!
Múinteoir Eibhlín –
The ultimate set of long term plans for junior infant teachers. These plans are so thorough and detailed. They really take the stress out of planning for a junior infant class. They can be easily tweaked to suit your class. The long term English plan has actually enabled me to gain a better understanding of the new curriculum and how it should be used. This plan bundle will save you days sitting in front of the laptop. 10/10 from me. Thank you!