Long Term Plans
- An extremely comprehensive plan for Junior and Senior Infants, which includes all curriculum objectives for both classes. The plan contains aims, strands, strand units, skills and concept development, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment.
- There is also an extremely detailed table with suggestions of when and how content can be taught. This table includes hyperlinks to suggested songs, games, resources and online maths activities. The table is colour coded so you can see what content is specific to each class and what can be covered with both.
- The plans are not based on any particular scheme, however if you are following a scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this, however it is not essential part of the plan.
English and Gaeilge
- An extremely comprehensive, high quality 16 page yearly English plan, and a 14 page Gaeilge Plan for a mixed Junior and Senior Infant class.
- Plans are based on the latest 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum.
- The layout of the plans includes all sections recommended in the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took hundreds of hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, resources, linkage & integrations, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the sections above, there is an extremely detailed table in each plan with suggested themes/ topics and content each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well but these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs.
- The table is fully colour-coded so you can quickly see what content is specific to Junior Infants, Senior Infants, and will work with both classes.
- This table includes hyperlinks to suggested resources and activities.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects and they are not based on any particular scheme. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, this can easily be added, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
- If you are not following a scheme, a detailed month by month table with suggested content is provided.
Short Term Plans
There are 2 fortnightly plans and 2 corresponding Aistear plans for for each month. For months where there are school holidays i.e. December, Easter, there is one 3 week plan and one 3 week Aistear plan. Each fortnightly plan is extremely detailed at approximately 40 pages per plan.
Each fortnightly plan covers English, Irish, maths, science, history, geography, music, drama, visual arts, SPHE and PE and where possible arts education and SESE are deliberately incorporated into the Aistear plans and through integration.
For each subject, the plan includes the curricular/ learning outcomes, learning objectives, learning activities, resources, assessment, integration, and differentiation.
As an added bonus, this bundle includes a sample timetable for a mixed Junior and Senior Infants class, showing how you might transition from the Junior Infants starting on a shorter day with a gradual increase each week to the full infant day over the course of the month, while the Senior Infants start on the full infant day straight away.
The Gaeilge and English parts of the plans are based on the latest September 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum using my own highly rated PLC planning template.
The content of the plans are based on a mixture of my own ideas and research and from my own experience of what works well with infants. I have suggested resources for the lessons such as poems, songs and YouTube videos and have included the hyper-links to these in the plans. The plans are not based on any specific schemes apart from SPHE which does cover the Stay Safe, and Department of Education RSE programmes, as well as my own suggestions. The plans are fully editable Microsoft Word documents, and can be easily edited if you do want to follow a specific scheme.
The Aistear themes that are covered are:
- Myself and my family
- Myself and my house/ home
- Colours and shapes
- Christmas/ toys and games
- The dentist
- Chinese New Year
- The doctor
- The post office
- Spring – animals
- Spring – plants
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Environmental Awareness – Spring Clean Month
- The vet
- Day and night
- The jungle
An enormous amount of time and effort was put into these plans and I am confident you will be very happy with your purchase. Positive reviews are very much appreciated to let other users know that these are quality plans.