These plans are based on the NCCA draft long term planning frameworks and took me over 20 hours to complete! The plans contain all of the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework for the Primary Language Curriculum including aims, learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, linkage and integration.
Your purchase includes the following:
- There are 3 versions of the Gaeilge plan with this download so you can choose which one works best for your class.
- Version 1 contains a table for terms 1,2, and 3 and I have left the content section blank so that you can fill in the stories/ poems etc. that you wish to cover. I have filled in all other sections such as methodologies, assessment, differentiation, and linkage/ integration.
- Version 2 has the content section filled in and is based on the Abair Liom C Programme for First Class.
- Version 3 has the content section filled in and is based on the Abair Liom D Programme for Second Class.
- If you do not wish to follow a particular scheme, I have included a grid with suggested poems, songs and stories for Gaeilge for the year.
- If you follow a different scheme, most publishers have a grid with the content for the year as part of their web resources, so you can simply include this grid instead of the one I have given.
- The English plan has a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, and content. The content gives suggested poems, rhymes, books, phonics, letter formation etc. that can be covered each month. This can be tailored to meet the needs of your individual class, be it First or Second Class or a mixed class with both.
- The poems, books, letter formation and themes are suitable for both first and second class, however I have included 2 versions of the plan with different grammar, phonics and handwriting for first and second classes.
A huge amount of time and effort was put into these plans and I am confident you will be happy with your purchase. I would really appreciate if you could leave a positive review to let others know that these are quality plans. Follow me on social media to keep up to date about other products, special offers and giveaways! I am on Facebook and Instagram.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.