New guidance regarding teachers’ preparation for teaching and learning was published by the Department in 2021. See our blog post for a quick summary of the guidance documents. Written planning is now being referred to as “recorded preparation” and there is more flexibility with regard to what sections can be included or omitted. Below you will find templates and samples of written preparation which is based on the new guidance.
Note that there is no change to SET long term preparation and the Student Support File document is still in use.
- Long Term Recorded Preparation (Planning) Template & Sample for Class Teachers €3,00
- Short Term Recorded Preparation (STRP) Template & Sample for Class Teachers €3,00
- Class Teacher Cuntas Míosúil Template and Sample €2,00
- SET Short Term Recorded Preparation (Planning) Template €3,00
- SET / EAL Teacher Cuntas Míosúil Template and Sample €2,00
Over time, we will be updating all of the long and short term sample planning on this website to include an option that follows the layout of our new templates. For now the current layout of our sample long and short term plans is still acceptable as the new guidance document gives the option to teachers to include all headings if they so wish, and the NIPT planning guidelines still include all sections.