The Primary Language Curriculum is for teachers of primary school children from Stages 1 – 4 (Junior Infants – Sixth Class) in all school contexts, including English-medium schools, Gaeltacht schools and Irish-medium schools. The primary language curriculum presents the intended learning and development for all children by providing the Foundation, Aims, Strands and Elements, and Learning Outcomes. The curriculum for Junior and Senior infants is aligned with the principles and methodologies of Aistear: the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework (NCCA).
Below you will find all of our fully editable English and Gaeilge sample plans for the PLC for all class levels. These plans contain ALL of the sections recommended in the NIPT and NCCA planning templates and are based on the most recent 2019 version of the PLC.
PLC Fortnightly Planning Template
Our Short Term Recorded Preparation Template for all subjects includes a section for planning using the PLC, however this is an alternative template which has been created with the aim of making PLC planning even easier and faster.
- Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) Short Term Planning Template and Sample for English and Irish €3,00
PLC Junior / Senior Infants Plans
- Primary Language Curriculum Infants English and Irish Long Term Plans €9,00
- Primary Language Curriculum English Infants Long Term Plan €5,00
- Primary Language Curriculum Infants Gaeilge Long Term €5,00
PLC First and Second Class Plans
- Primary Language Curriculum 1st / 2nd Class Long Term Plan for English and Irish €9,00
- Primary Language Curriculum 1st / 2nd Class English Long Term Plan €5,00
- Primary Language Curriculum 1st / 2nd Class Gaeilge Long Term Plan €5,00
PLC Third and Fourth Class Plans
- Primary Language Curriculum 3rd / 4th Class Long Term Plan for English and Irish €9,00
- Primary Language Curriculum 3rd / 4th Class English Long Term Plan €5,00
- Primary Language Curriculum 3rd/ 4th Class Gaeilge Long Term Plan €5,00